Dealing with family can be challenging.
Especially, when there are unresolved issues that exist.
Thankfully, there is a way to address and overcome those issues.
If you have tough issues with your family that you want to overcome, you must listen to my latest podcast episode featuring Mz. Word:
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, please share it with them by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
Episode Title: How to Overcome Tough Issues with Your Family
- “When it comes to relationships, you have to love being in a language that they understand.” – Mz. Word
- “Sometimes we argue about the dumbest things and it takes away from the integrity of the relationship.” – Mz. Word
- “We should be grateful to be in a position where we can help somebody else.” – Mz. Word
- “Our thinking is the demise of so many relationships.” – Mz. Word
- “Sometimes the only way you can honor a person is from a distance.” – Mz. Word
- “Forgiveness isn’t easy, but you must let the pain go.” – Jay
- “Do not act off of emotion, without the benefit of intellect.” – Mz. Word
- “You can’t get so caught up in somebody else’s situation that you lose where you’re supposed to be.” – Mz. Word
- “The majority of our disappointment in life, with other people, is because we hold people to a high standard that we often can’t meet ourselves.” – Mz. Word
- “Only give what you don’t need a thank you for.” – Mz. Word
- “If you tell somebody that you forgive them and you can’t let go of the pain, you haven’t forgiven them. Because the person that’s healed, works to heal other people.” – Mz. Word
- The importance of knowing other people’s love language and their capacity for love and understanding
- How to discern the major issues, that need to be addressed, from the minor issues that you are better off just getting over
- The importance of learning how to give with no expectation of receiving something back in return
- The power in our tongues and the words we speak over our lives and the lives of others
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- How to candid share with a sibling that they have hurt you
- Learn more about the keys to successfully addressing tough issues with your sibling: Remove the emotion, stick to the issues and learn how to wisely pick your battles
- How to maintain a relationship with a sibling who has made a decision to walk a different path through life than you have
- How to learn valuable lessons from your hurt and pain
Dangers and Difficulties:
- How to avoid disregarding the challenges that other people face, because you don’t face those same challenges
- The importance of managing your expectations and being careful about projecting them onto other people
- How to stop allowing your sibling to take advantage of you and your love for them
- How to determine if it’s time to limit your interaction with your siblings
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Mz. Word shares how a rough time financially changed her perception of helping others and complaining about it
- Mz. Word explains why you may want to think twice about ever uttering the words “I don’t understand”
Hold Yourself Accountable:
The first step to repair relationships with your siblings is to acknowledge that you must first start with yourself.
Apply the Principles:
“In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me.” Psalm 86:7 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Discern the severity of the issue. (Is it major or minor?)
- Take time to learn how to effectively communicate with the other person.
- Forgive them before you even speak to them.
- Submit the issue entirely to God.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Are there currently any tough issues that you desire to work through with your siblings?