Do they lack feelings? Did they ever care?
Those are just a few of the questions that will be answered today.
It’s no secret that a lot of women have come to believe that men completely lack emotions.
I honestly can’t knock them, especially when you consider the way some men behave nowadays.
I firmly believe that men need to be held accountable for their actions (as do women).
Therefore, I felt it was time to finally address one of the biggest elephants in the room with men and women…
The reason why men abandon women and relationships.
Far too many men have been adopting what I like to term “The Hollow Man” approach.
They are in a woman’s life one day and completely gone the next.
That type of behavior is unacceptable and needs to stop.
Now don’t think I’m trying to sound holier-than-thou. I’m far from perfect and I know it.
In fact, I’ve pulled a Hollow Man before. I’m not proud of it, but it’s the truth.
I’m not afraid to be open and honest about my flaws, faults and this pressing issue.
Thankfully, my latest guest on the podcast, Cornelius Lindsey, is a man of honor, integrity and transparency too.
We both recently discussed, at length, why men find the need to abandon women and how they can seemingly leave a relationship so easily and without even telling a woman why.
This is a discussion that you are going to enjoy and learn so much from. Enjoy!
If you know someone who can benefit from this please share it with them, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
Episode Title: Why Men Abandon Women and Relationships
Music: Lyfe Jennings – Goodbye
- “It’s not that we don’t have feelings and emotions, it’s just that we express them differently.” – Cornelius Lindsey
- “A lot of times men build walls in places where we should’ve built a bridge and in many places we build a bridge where we should’ve built a wall.” – Cornelius Lindsey
- “When men become fearful or when they are just in habitual sin…they run.” – Cornelius Lindsey
- “Many men just don’t know how to be men.” – Cornelius Lindsey
- “The concept of relationship can seem foreign to a man.” – Cornelius Lindsey
- “Love is not something you fall into. It’s something you grow in.” – Cornelius Lindsey
- The importance of being able to understand a man’s words and his actions
- Why men suppress their emotions and feelings
- Why self-accountability is one of the major things a man needs in his life
- Things women don’t know about how men think and process relationships
- The lowdown on the infamous Hollow Man
- The four words women should never say to a man
- Cornelius explains how a man or woman’s relationship with God can tell you a lot about them
- How men can properly end and respectfully leave relationships
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- Differences in the way men and women approach ending a relationship
- How men decide on making decisions based on feelings or logic
- Hints and clues men drop when they are preparing to leave a relationship
- How men can be physically present in a relationship but mentally checked out
- How some men can bring themselves to abandon a woman they are in a relationship with and their children
- The difference in the value men and women place on relationships
Danger & Difficulties:
- The danger of men using silence as a way to convey anger
- How ignorance and a lacking desire to learn plagues many men in our society
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Cornelius opens up about the ways he mistreated women in his past
- Cornelius explains how challenging the first two years of his marriage was due to his behavior towards his wife
- Cornelius and Jay admit that they were both once cowards who feared expressing their true feelings to women
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Men: Decide not to be a coward and not to hide your feelings.
Women: Decide to communicate with men in a manner that will not cause them to become defensive.
Apply the Principles:
“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7 (NKJV)
Take Action Now:
- Learn what it means to truly be a man and learn how men and women communicate.
- Read three books that will help you gain a better understanding of both men and women:
- Men: Don’t run away and don’t use your silence as a weapon. Stand your ground and honestly and verbally convey how you feel.
- Women: Don’t anticipate the worse and open both your eyes and your ears. Pray and expect the best in men, as well as watch what they do and listen to what they say.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Why do YOU think some men abandon women and relationships?