Have you ever had a friend ignore you…
…because they have a new boo?
If so, you’re not the only one!
In the latest podcast episode, Jay and Shelby discuss why some people act brand new when they get a new boo and how to deal with it. Listen now:
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, whether they are single or in a relationship, please share it with them, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “Why the New Boo Makes Some People Act Brand New on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Why the New Boo Makes Some People Act Brand New
Music: Ed Sheeran – I’m a Mess
- “People are allowed to have friends. You can’t be a dictator over the person you’re with.” – Shelby
- “I think it’s really tough when people start throwing their friendships to the side, just because they’re in a relationship now.” – Jay
- “I don’t want my past coming in trying to haunt my present.” – Jay
- “If a person isn’t bringing any type of value into your life, it’s best to just let them go.” – Jay
- “When you’re letting someone control your mind and control what you do, that’s not a healthy relationship at all.” – Jay
- The reason some people act brand new once they enter into a new relationship
- How to let someone know that you feel like they have been ignoring you
- The importance of knowing your priorities
- How to communicate to family and friends your commitment to your partner and relationship
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The tendency for women to cut off their male friends entirely, when they get a new man
- Is it crazy to ask your partner for permission to hang out with your friends?
Dangers and Difficulties:
- The danger of dating someone who is insecure and wants you to get rid of all your friends to be with them
- The issue of being friends with your exes
- The danger of allowing the person you’re in a relationship to control you
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Jay explains how a man ditches his roster for the woman he is most interested in
- Jay shares why he believes it’s beneficial to make a clean break from an ex
Fun Times & Stories:
- Shelby shares her experience of dealing with the jealous girlfriend of a friend who thought they had a ‘long distance connection’
- Jay tells about a female friend who completely disappeared from his life once she got a boyfriend
- Shelby shares a crazy situation involving her, her ex and one of her close friends