In an ideal world, couples should establish a relationship before having sex.
However, in today’s society, that isn’t always the case.
So, what can a couple do to build their relationship on a more solid foundation than sex?
As challenging as the task may seem, it is not an impossible feat.
If you would like to learn how you can build a relationship after having sex first, you must listen to the latest podcast episode, ‘The Sex Was Great, But Now What? (How to Build a Relationship After Sex)’:
If you know someone who can benefit from this, whether they are single or in a relationship, please share it with them, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
Episode Title: The Sex Was Great, But Now What? (How to Build a Relationship After Sex)
- “In my younger more dirtbag days, I had a two week rule. If I wasn’t getting the yams in like two weeks, I was on to the next.” – J-Full
- “Just because you’re horny doesn’t mean you should be screwing around.” – Crystal Hickerson
- “If I’m going to lay down with you on the first night or the first week or whatever and I don’t care, then nine times out of ten I don’t want to be with you. I just want to have sex with you.” – Crystal Hickerson
- “I feel like it is more difficult for women to deal with rejection, especially sexual rejection, than it is for men.” – Jay
- “When someone says they don’t want a relationship, then I take it as you don’t want a relationship with me.” – Crystal Hickerson
- The conversation that people MUST have before having sex
- The importance of building a relationship on the RIGHT foundation
- How to press reset and build a relationship on the RIGHT foundation
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The 90 Day Rule
- The “Sex Test” that men give women
- Sexual competition between women
Dangers & Difficulties
- The misinterpretation of sex for intimacy
- The dangers of building a relationship solely on sex
- The difficulty of walking away from someone when the sex is great
- The danger of confusing passion with disfunction
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- J-Full shares his experience with pregnancy scares
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Make a decision about which is more important to you: sex or developing a serious relationship with someone that will last.
Apply the Principles:
“Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.” 1 Corinthians 7:1-2(ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Make a decision to, at the very least, develop a relationship before having sex .
- Take time to discuss the sexual aspect of your relationship with your partner before having sex.
- Stand firm on your convictions and the foundation that you and your partner mutually established at the beginning of your relationship.
- Hold one another accountable to stay the course and not crack the foundation of the relationship by compromising on your convictions and original foundation.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Do you believe it’s possible to truly develop a lasting relationship after having sex first?