Who should come first: Family or Friends?
Many people believe family should always come first.
Yet, there are plenty of people who disagree.
There is no denying that some people value their friendships more than familial relationships.
Have you ever wondered why?
If so, you must listen to the latest podcast episode, ‘Why People Place Friends Before Family’:
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, please share it with them by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “Why People Place Friends Before Family on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Why People Place Friends Before Family
Music: Estelle – Conqueror
- “My friends were my family and they still are to this day.” – Iva
- “Abuse is not just physical. It’s very much mental and emotional too.” – Iva
- “Ultimatums are not the most efficient way to attain the goal you’re trying to achieve.” – Iva
- How to establish a stronger relationship with your siblings
- The importance of prioritizing who should come first and under what circumstances
- How to communicate to your sibling that you feel they care more about their friends than they care about their family
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The power that lies within saying “I’m sorry”
- The times when your friendship should trump your familial bond
- Why we must be cautious about overestimating our value in other people’s lives
Dangers and Difficulties:
- The dangers of turning our backs on our family to focus more on our friends
- The challenges of balancing a relationship with siblings and friends
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Iva explains why she often places her friends before her family
- Iva shares how the differences in her and her sisters personalities has made it challenging to develop a strong relationship with them
Hold Yourself Accountable:
It is your responsibility to maintain balanced relationships between your family and friends.
Apply the Principles:
“A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.” Proverbs 17:17 (NLT)
Take Action Now:
- Evaluate your relationships with your family and friends.
- Identify any imbalances.
- Determine how you can correct the imbalances.
- Make a decision to restore the balance between your relationships with family and friends.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Have you ever put a friend before family? If so, why?