Developing relationships with siblings can be challenging.
Especially, if they are half or step siblings.
Thankfully, there are proven methods that you can use.
If you would like to learn how to develop better relationships with half or step siblings, you must listen to the latest podcast episode featuring Evita and Makini, ‘Proven Methods for Developing Relationships with Half or Step Siblings’:
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, please share it with them by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “Proven Methods for Developing Relationships with Half or Step Siblings on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Proven Methods for Developing Relationships with Half or Step Siblings
Music: TobyMac – Family
- “If your parents are at each others throats and they’re using you or your step sibling as a pawn, the likelihood of you even getting access to them, to build that bond, is going to be slim to none.” – Evita
- “Responsibility isn’t an option. I was never given an option growing up.” – Evita
- “I think the eldest sibling is one of the most unfair positions to be in, in the birth order.” – Evita
- “I have friends who I’ve known, for a year or two, who show more trust and loyalty than family members.” – Makini
- The impact and influence that parents have on the relationship between half and step siblings
- How step and half siblings can begin to build or increase their bond
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The impact that birth order can have on the development of relationships between half and step siblings
- Evita shares how excited she is to have her step sister be a part of her Nomadness Travel Tribe and how it has brought them closer together
Dangers and Difficulties:
- Issues that must be resolved before step and half siblings can establish healthy and lasting relationships with one another
- The effects of distinguishing a sibling as your “step” or “half”, rather than simply as your brother or sister
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Evita shares about the strong bond that is develop between siblings who live and grow up in the same household together
- Malika explains how she was able to develop close relationships with her half siblings who were living in the US and overseas
Fun Times & Stories
- Evita tells a funny story of the time she almost went nuts having to watch her baby brother for 15 minutes
- Evita tells the hilarious story of how her 16th birthday did not turn out how she expect…at all
Hold Yourself Accountable:
You decide where people fit in your life. Don’t hinder yourself or a half or step sibling from establishing and developing a valuable bond.
Apply the Principles:
“And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)
Take Action Now:
- Acknowledge that there is value in a relationship with your half or step siblings
- Do all that you can to establish a relationship with your half or step siblings
- Remove the labels and distinctions
- Always treat them with love, regardless of how they may feel about you or respond to your desire to want to get to know them better
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following questions:
Do you have any half or step siblings? If so, how is your relationship with them?