Have you ever considered how long you’ve been single?
Perhaps you feel like it’s been long enough…or even too long.
Before you dive into a relationship, make sure it’s the RIGHT thing to do.
Going a long period of time without being in a relationship can become a challenge or even a “problem” for some of us.
As great as relationships are, we must be careful to ensure that we aren’t entering into them for the wrong reasons.
I recently had the opportunity to speak with Dustin Riechmann about why some singles believe a relationship is the answer to their loneliness. What’s shared during the discussion is extremely beneficial, especially if you are currently not in a relationship but desire to be in one.
Take a moment to listen to our discussion and determine whether or not a relationship is the answer that you’ve been seeking or searching for.
Episode Title: Is a Relationship Always the Answer?
- “Marriage is an awesome place to be, but it certainly isn’t a problem solver. In a lot of ways, it’s a problem amplifier.” – Dustin Riechmann
- “Love is a choice.” – Dustin Riechmann
- “The connections you have with people have a lot to do with your personality and how you give and receive love.” – Dustin Riechmann
- The factors that MUST be considered before even thinking about entering into a relationship
- Practical ways to prepare and improve yourself before entering into a relationship
- The value in taking time out to date yourself
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- Why some people seek relationships as an escape route
- Dustin recommends that you read The 5 Love Languages
- Signs that someone is not ready for a relationship
Dangers & Difficulties:
- The danger of thinking that a relationship is the solution to being single
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Dustin shares why him and his wife believe it is vital for couples to take time to prepare themselves for marriage prior to saying “I do.”
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Don’t enter into a relationship prematurely. Be mature enough to admit that you are not ready to enter into a relationship.
Apply the Kingdom Principles:
“Be ready in season and out of season.” 2 Timothy 4:2 (NKJV)
Take Action Now:
- Ask yourself: “Why do I want to be in a relationship?”
- Ask yourself: “Have I taken enough time to date myself?”
- Ask yourself: “Am I really ready for a relationship?”
- Ponder each of the questions and write down your answers
- Pray for patience and guidance