Living with Intent (Made Easy)

Living with Intent by Mallika ChopraLiving a life with purpose and intent is something that we ALL should desire to do. I firmly believe that God has a purpose for each of our lives. However, discovering what our purpose in life is can be challenging.


Having a strong desire to fulfill God’s purpose for my life and to live intentionally, I couldn’t wait to dive into Mallika Chopra‘s book Living with Intent.


I will wholeheartedly admit that this book is 90% storytelling (which I could do without). Thankfully, the remaining 10% is filled with valuable and practical principles (this all I care about), which I am excited about sharing with you!


The Power Statement


Taking positive steps toward our goals – moving from thought to action – provides forward movement, even if it is measured in baby steps. It instills confidence and bolsters momentum. Life is filled with uncertainty, but putting one foot in front of the other is a way to take control and seize the day.


Understanding Intent

  • Intents are a way of defining what we want and asking God for help.


  • Intents aren’t merely goals. They come from the soul, from somewhere deep inside us where we get clarity on our heartfelt desires for happiness, acceptance, health, and love.


  • INTENT: Incubate, Notice, Trust, Express, Nurture, and Take Action


  • Expressing an intention is the first baby step toward taking action, and as a result, it’s the stage at which an intent is most likely to start affecting other people.


  • Expressing an intent is expressing your deepest dreams.


  • Love motivates us to be our best and do our best for the world, which is what living with intent is all about.


  • Expressing love, whether through words or action, is ultimately at the heart of living with intention.


Key Takeaways

  • Embracing small personal changes can be the first step toward creating greater change in the world, and humanity at large.


  • Incubating can happen anytime you give yourself the gift of time to reflect and relax, to honor stillness and silence.


  • Openness is important for incubation, too, because unless you’re open and receptive, you’ll miss important insights and connections between various aspects of your life that might provide clues to new sources of meaning and purpose.


  • To fulfill my intent to be there for friends and family, and the many strangers I come in contact with, I need to be grateful not only for the gifts they provide but also conscious about both the gifts I provide them and the ways in which I wound them, anger them, and disappoint them.


  • You need to allow yourself to be guided by intuition, by the quiet messages that come from inside – messages we often miss in the busyness of our everyday lives.


  • We need to support our own efforts, just as we offer support to family and friends – and trust that when we ask for help from those we love, they will offer it up with open arms and warm embraces.


Favorite Quotes

  • “The goal isn’t perfection. It’s improvement.” – Mallika Chopra


  • “If you don’t ask, you don’t get. You have to share your desire with at least one other person to really put it out there, to take a stand for it – to say, ‘This is what I desire.'” – Mallika Chopra


  • “We can place all our burdens in the hands of God, ask for a miracle, and thank Him in advance for providing it…When I remember God’s power is unlimited, I stop stressing about how limited mine is.” – Marianne Williamson


  • “When things get difficult, as they do for all of us, my mantra is ‘With God’s help, I can do this.’ And then I put one foot in front of the other and take things step by step. It’s partly faith and partly discipline. But it’s a combination that works.” – Dorothy Menzies


  • “Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.” – Unknown


What You Must Apply

  • Treat yourself and others with kindness and compassion while living in alignment with your deepest values.


  • I don’t want to escape my life; I want to enhance it.


  • Choose self-love and self-compassion, trusting that it takes time and patience to make hard changes.


  • If you want more love in your life, you need to be more loving.


  • Intention needs attention and active engagement. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you need to take action.


Here’s more info about the book or you can check it out on Amazon.


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No Comments Yet.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *