You meet a great guy.
The chemistry between you two is amazing.
One thing leads to another and you have sex.
Over a week has gone by and you haven’t heard from him at all.
Now you’re wondering: Was sex all he wanted from you?
That’s precisely the situation a young woman who contacted me recently found herself in.
Now, in the latest episode of the Listen Up Ladies series, I will address her question and concerns, provide my insight and discuss this situation from a woman’s perspective with Amber.
If you know someone who can benefit from this please share it with them, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “Listen Up Ladies: Was Sex All He Wanted? #RTRL”]
Episode Title: Was Sex All He Wanted?
- “God didn’t design you, I’m talking about the ladies, to be a great girlfriend. That’s not what He created us to be. He created us to be an excellent wife.” – Amber Dines
- “If you not gon stand up for what you believe, ain’t nobody else gon do it.” – Jay
- The importance of setting standards and sticking to them
- Reasons why women need to stop being so easily impressed by men
- The vital importance of trusting God
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The “Hollow Man” Breakdown
- The differences between how God designed men and women
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Jay shares his past experiences of disappearing and breaking off contact with women and explains why he did it
- Amber shares about a friend of her’s who contracted and STD as a result of having sex with a man shortly after she’d met him
Dangers & Difficulties
- The danger of compromising our convictions for sexual pleasure
Insight & Action Steps:
- Know your value and the value of your “treasure”
- Require men you get involved with to value you and your “treasure” as much as you do or more
- Respond; don’t react or make decisions based on feelings or emotions
- Don’t allow men nor yourself to rush into sex, especially if you know you aren’t ready
- Strongly consider waiting until marriage to have sex
- Understand that you set the bar for how much a man respects you and your “treasure”
- Don’t squander the control God has given you; exercise it wisely
Apply the Principles:
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20(NIV)
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
If a man hasn’t contact a woman for over a week, after having sex with her, do you believe sex is all he wanted?