If you’re a woman, you do not want to miss the amazing content that is going to be shared.
If you’re a mother, today’s message is especially for you!
In the latest episode of the Listen Up Ladies series, my guest Sandra Jimenez and I will be addressing the concerns of a woman who wants to know how she can be an inspiring role model to her daughter.
Take a moment to read the message she sent me below:
Dear Mr. Jay Mayo,
In my life I have made many, many bad decisions and it has resulted in me being in compromising relationships. I have allowed men to move in with me and my eight-year-old daughter and not bring anything to the relationship at all. It is only the grace of God that we have not been beaten, robbed or killed due to me bringing home strangers from wild nights out partying. My child was taken from me due to my own irresponsibility and that was my wake up call. I love my daughter and want to be a positive and inspiring example in her life. I have accepted Jesus Christ and have begun counseling so I can get my child back, but I need to get it right before she returns. I cannot undo the past but I can strive to be a better woman and mother. I want to show my daughter how to love and respect herself. I was never taught that I had value and that is why I acted the way I did. Could you please share some steps that I can take to be a role model that my daughter can be proud of?
This mother’s concerns are genuine and serious. Therefore, Sandra and I really dive deep into how she and other parents can do all that’s within their ability to encourage and inspire their children.
Listen now to discover how you too can become an inspiring woman to your daughter.
If you know a woman or mother who can benefit from this please share it with her, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “Be an Inspiring Woman to Your Daughter ft. @SandraYjimenez on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Be an Inspiring Woman to Your Daughter
Music: Goapele – Hush
- “In order to inspire a daughter there must be love and trust.” – Sandra Jimenez
- “Children pick up on the things adults display to them. The good and the bad.” – Jay Mayo
- “Anything that you do, do it for you. Start loving and respecting yourself.” – Sandra Jimenez
- The importance of parents being positive and inspiring role models to their children
- Sandra explains why a parent must first love and respect themselves before they can truly love and respect their child
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- Sandra shares how important it is for parents to say positive and encouraging things to their children each day
- Lessons that a daughter must learn from her mother
Dangers & Difficulties:
- Lessons that many mothers neglect to teach their daughters
- Why women must be aware of the way they talk about and act around men when in the presence of their daughters
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Sandra speaks to how she overcame tough times and truly began to develop love for herself
Insight & Action Steps:
- Love yourself
- Be mindful of your behavior
- Encourage and speak life into your children
- Pray for and with your children
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. “ Proverbs 22:6 (ESV)